Thursday, March 5, 2015

Favorite TV Show: #14

14. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983-1985)

Synopsis
The most powerful man in the Universe (He-man of course) and his warrior friends battle against the evil Skeletor for rule of the planet Eternia.



Starring:
John Erwin, Alan Oppenheimer, Linda Gray, Lou Scheimer

Why I love this show:
The Masters of the Universe was a franchise that started as a toyline in the early 80's and eventually launched into books, comics, a feature film, and of course this awesome cartoon. While I was not alive for this show when it first aired, I did have the privilege of having three older brothers who made sure I knew who He-Man was. For me the Masters of the Universe is the quintessential 80's show, even more so than Ninja Turtles, Transformers, or Thundercats. Along with a few other classic cartoons (that may or may not be on this list) are what helped define me as a kid. This show has fun and unique characters, morals at the end of every episode, and some really good story telling for a 20 minute kids show. The thing I love most though about this show was how much it helped me expand my imagination as kid. I use to have counts battles in my back yard pretending I was He-Man fighting off Skeletor and his goons. Going back and watching it now I recognize how campy and kiddie it really is, but now that's one of the things that makes it so classic.

Favorite Season: 
Season 1

Favorite Episodes: 


The Diamond Ray of Disappearance


The Dragon's Gift


To Save Skeletor



Favorite Quote: 

"Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor. Come in you royal boob!" 



Favorite Characters: 

He-Man

Skeletor


Stratos 


Where you can watch it: 
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment