Thursday, January 10, 2013

May Madness

I found this blog post I worked on back in May, but I just realized that I never published it.....So here it is! (7 months late)

2012 has been a great year so far for us! It amazes me that year is coming up to its half way mark so soon! Each month so far has its own unique feel to it, with new life lessons and experiences. January we moved into our new place (my cousins guesthouse), so this month was all about adjusting to our new home, new neighborhood, and new ward. I also started a new semester of school, with totally new classes. Along with all the changes, we also had an awesome weekend trip to California were we spent our time at Disneyland, and Taylor’s best friend’s wedding in San Diego.

Here we are in Toon Town right after getting soak on Splash Mountain

February I was pretty well adjusted to my new changes when I got a church calling to work with the Young Men. I was very excited but also nervous at the same time. February I also took a trip to Utah to my Cousin Trevor’s wedding. March was much different because we spent a week and half in New York City. Along with that I started to change directions of where I wanted to go to school, and also was changing my career direction. April was our diet month, were I completely changed my eating habits. With all that said May was a pretty big month for us as well.

If I had to pick a favorite month so far this year I’m pretty sure it would have to be May, with March as a close second because of our amazing trip to New York City! But anyways, back to May here are a few reasons why I have loved this month!


May the fourth be with you- National Star Wars day, a day full of the best Star Wars quotes. Those who were on Facebook that day may have been very annoyed by my posts, but, never the less it was one awesome day! Here are few of the highlights from this year: 

"Jabba! Don't be a fool, your throwing away a fortune!"
"I don't care what Galaxy your from, that's gotta hurt!!!"
"It's a trap!"

Figured out school and Career path- For the past 2 and half years I have been so up and down about what I really want to do with my life. Finding the right career is huge for me because it is basically determining what I will be doing for the rest of my life. I really want to make sure I do something I truly enjoy. I know I eventually want to open my own business, but I still have no idea what kind of business. I feel like have considered just about every career path out there. The last few months I have done a lot research on human resource management, and I feel that this would be a really good fit for me. My plan is to finish my bachelors in business management, with an emphasis in HR management. Then I plan to work in the HR field for few years while working on getting my MBA. From there we will see what happens, but right now I feel good about my plan for the next few years.

Hopefully I don't end up like Toby from the office! 

Got promoted to Human Resource supervisor- This is a great opportunity for me to get some experience in the field I want to go into for my career.


Avengers- “Nuff Said”

The Johnson’s came to Visit- One of the many blessing of my mission to Australia was to be able to meet lifelong friends, and one of those friends is my mate Taylor Johnson. He and his wife live in Utah, so we don’t get to see them much, but this last month they made the journey down to the hot Arizona sun to spend a few days with us. Taylor and I should have been twins because we have almost the exact same interests and personalities.



Cabin Trip- The weekend after school got out we were able to go up to a friend’s cabin for the weekend. It was a surprise/delayed anniversary trip. We spent the weekend exploring Payson, eating good food, and watching movies. It felt so luxurious to be able to have no schedule and agenda and to just do whatever we felt like for those 2 days.


Tay’s Surgery- This is probably the best benefit of the last month. Not only did this surgery help Taylor overcome some of the health difficulties that she has had to deal with for many years, but it also brought us so much closer as couple. With her not being able to basically leave the house for about two weeks, we got to spend a lot more time together than we usual would. I was still working, but I wasn't in school so I was able to come right home from work and be with her. Our days consisted of playing games, watching movies together, and the best part was we had a lot more time to just sit around and talk. It was a very nice change from a usually busy and hectic schedule.





Well there you go, a month full of great memories, new experiences, and new adventures to look forward to! 





No comments:

Post a Comment