Sunday, October 7, 2012

Not another one of those singing shows!




I'm usually not a fan of reality singing shows, I feel like they have been very over saturated and they all try to copy each other and created fake drama. I have always been a pretty big pessimist towards these shows, but for some reason I decide to watch this season of X-Factor with my wife, and I am surprised to say that I have really enjoyed it. It’s been a fun show to watch (except I can't really stand Brittney Spears). It’s also been very inspiring at times. There was one man in particular that I really enjoyed. Check out the video below.






So a few reasons why I liked this was first off, it’s incredible that he was able to lose 400 pounds! I can't even begin to think how hard it would be to lose that much weight.

Second, I was very impressed with his wife. That woman has a lot of love and patience to put up with something like this. I feel like in the world today, were divorce is so common, you don't see couples work through issues like this together. This showed me that patience will go a long way.

It was a great reminder that love isn't always about the romantic things, but that it is something much deeper than that. It’s about being there and helping the ones we love through the darkest times in their lives, even if it means we may have to experience some of it with them. It would have been so easy for her to have left him when he started putting on weight, but you could see the love that she had that deep and lasting love for him.

This situation helped remind me that rather than running away from the problems a love one is facing, we need to accept them and do our best to help them overcome whatever they are facing. Our relationships won't be perfect and we will all make mistakes, and that it why we must always love each other.

I really liked how you could see the true, genuine love they had for each other. You could feel the gratitude and admiration he has for his wife, and you could feel the happiness and joy she was experiencing in seeing her husband achieve such a great accomplishment.

The whole thing was very refreshing to me, and it showed something that I feel we don't see too much in our media and entertainment. Now most of the shows isn't like this, but who would have thought one of those annoying singing shows would have some great value to my life?


No comments:

Post a Comment